I’ve been nominated for a blog award called the Sunshine Blogger Award by Jennifer Zeiger. Wow! So to properly accept the award, I’m required to share 10 bits of info about myself. Hmmm…
1) God is my everything.
2) I love visiting the country of Haiti.
3) I’ve fallen in love with the city of Chicago.
4) I have a black and white cat named Charlie.
5) Even though I live right on Lake Michigan, I’m not a water baby. I’m a mountain girl by choice. A knuckle-dragger, a snow bunny, whatever you prefer.
6) I am fond of writing, but somehow find good excuses not to sit down and do it like I should! 🙂
7) Usually I’m not writing because I found a good book as an excuse. Reading is essential for my well being.
8) I graduated with a BA in Radio-Television Production (minor in History) in 2005 from the University of Montana.
9) I graduated with an MBA in 2011 from Kansas Wesleyan University.
10) I hope to graduate with an Ed. D. in 2017 (if everything goes according to plan, enter maniacal laugh here).
Now to nominate 10 other bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others.
1) Hope for Haiti: This blog keeps you up to date on what is going on with the organization Hope for Haiti that I am involved with.
2) Whitby Forum: Carolyn writes for women who have potential leadership skills.
3) Jeff Goins: He writes to encourage other writers. His book, Wrecked, rocked my world.
4) Jennifer Zeiger: I can’t get enough of her choose your own adventure blogs!
5) Kristina Cowan: I would like to be like Kristina when I grow up. As a professional editor/journalist, she has an amazing command of words.
6) A Whisper in the Whirlwind: Christy Brunke is just starting out her blog, keep an eye out world, here she comes!
7) All of It: Anthony Trendl is a fabulous writer, and a great source of encouragement for me.
8) Bible Love Notes: Gail is a very active blogger (one a day!), and has published some of my stuff in the past.
9) Abba’ndoned: Janet got me into writing in the first place.
10) Jon’s Thursday Thot: Jon is a friend and a co-worker, and never ceases to boggle the mind.
For those Nominated:
This is how it works:
- Use the award logo in this post.
- Link to the person who nominated you.
- Write ten “pieces of information about myself.”
- Nominate ten fellow bloggers ‘who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.’
- Leave a comment on the nominees’ blogs to tell them about the award.
Sometimes a simple act is all the encouragement needed. This nomination was such an act. Thank you again Tea with Flo.